Friday, May 27, 2011

A New Beginning

Spring has finally come to my life as well as where I live here in the frozen north.  
After a long harsh winter for both, warmth and new life has begun. 

For myself, I have begun a journey in self rediscovery and self sufficiency.  
First though, a little about myself....

I am a 52 yo (soon to be 53!) disabled Pagan woman living in Grand Forks, ND with my significant other and my two feline kids.  I am from Texas (WONDERFUL STATE!), grew up on Galveston Island, then moved to the woods with my son, and have been here in ND for a little over 8 yrs.   I am a retired RN, blew my knees at in my mid-30's and was not allowed to have knee replacement surgery because  I was "too young" . So I was sentenced to life in a wheelchair from then on.   My life has been full of ups and downs, huge ones both ways, quite the roller coaster ride! 

I am tired of having to rely on others and the government for most things in my life.  I have from a young age sought independence and now I am determined to have it once again! 

So this blog will be about that journey,and  my faith in a positive out come despite my day to day challenges. 

My next post will start outlining what steps I am taking to gain self sufficiency and independence. 

No comments:

Post a Comment